Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Rustic Outdoors ****Maja Design*****

Hello I am here to share with a Design Team LO I did for Maja Design using the Beautiful Vintage Spring Basics Collection. I also did a step by step on how I do a LO,so its a long post & the closeups will follow the tut......
From the Vintage Spring Basics Collection I used,1st of March,7th of May,7th of May BS & 7th of April. The Scrap Fx Chipboard used on this LO is Birdbath (2009256),garden tools large (2009259),chicken wire (2011186),entrance gate (2012076),outdoor theme pack & scribble rectangle(2013045).The blooms used on this LO is from I Am Roses. Here is the photo tut,then closeups of detail will follow........
I always start off my LO with distressed cardstock,I distressed the edges & cut out the center of 7th of April,then glued it with very little glue & I never go close to the outside edge,because once I have completed my layers,& stitching,I will do more distressing.
Distressed 2nd layer using 7th of May.
Attached
I glued a distressed piece of 7th of May to 7th of May BS,then trimmed & distressed the BS.
Here are the 2 pieces attached to the LO with glue.
I then ripped 7th of May,distressed & attached to the upper right corner & lower left corner.
I attached a piece of 7th of May BS to the cardstock in this corner because I wanted to roll the corner & see Maja Design paper instead of the cardstock.
Using a paper pierce I pierced holes where I wanted to stitch.

I decided to cut out a couple holes out of 1st of March,so I did that, distressed them,glued pieces of 7th of May ,bs under the holes,then glued in pieces of chicken wire.
All ready to hand stitch.


Stitching is done, & I find that after I stitch, my LO's bend,so I glue down the LO  to cardstock with Mod Podge then weigh it down with books ,until it dries & flattens. I never throw out any out dated paper,I save it for this type of use.

Flattened out LO.

Now with my fingers I will lift,the layers & distress the layers more,so that you can really notice the layers. 

LO, after I have done my finger distressing.

I also do not throw out old chipboard,I use it for raising photo's or whatever I want to raise. This is where the photo will go. The piece of chipboard is glued down with liquid accents,& is smaller then the photo,that way I can add detail under or over the photo.
I matted the photo with 7th of May,then attached the scribble rectangle with liquid accents,then glued down the photo to the piece of chipboard using liquid accents.
As I wasn't sure what Scrap Fx chipboard I wanted to use,so  I decided to get these pieces ready, I painted them all with white picket fence crackle,& once dry I rubbed in some brown chalk & inked the edges,I wanted them to look old, to give them the vintage look.

Playing around with the chipboard pieces.


I made some cute little planters,I cut out circles out of cardstock,then painted them with white picket fence crackle,& once that dried I rubbed in brown chalk & inked the edges.I then rolled them & glued them with liquid accents,held that together with my fingers until it dried,then wrapped some string around them.
Here are some closeups details..................
I tucked in a piece of burlap under the photo,added the rake,pitch fork,watering can, then made a small flower cluster.

I found this beautiful photo on pininterest.

Top right corner I added the backside of the lable then I tore out a couple pieces from 1st of March & glued them under the photo.
Love how these planters turned out!!!!!!

The butterflies are cut out from the 6th of May sheet.
I cut out the letters for rustic off the label.
Closeup of the photo, I am so inspired by both this collection & this months Mood Board that I have decided to plant this garden in these colors to get the Vintage Shabby Chic look.
Thank you for taking the time to look & be sure to check out the Maja Design Blog for more information, or inspiration from the other Design Team Girls, on this months Mood Board, have a great week.....Rachelle

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is such a stunning page with such perfect embellies for his gorgeous photo!! Thanks for sharing your steps!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for sharing your creative process, I enjoyed it immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More than excellent tutorial...I have always tried to dissect your methods and while I understood some, this gave me a couple of "AHA" moments! I so love your amazing and unique style of layering and blending of papers. I always anticipate your next ingenious creation (those flower planters are delightful!) Thank you for your lovely artwork and your un-ending well of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful.. thanks for sharing the step by step to how this amazing layout was created.. very beautiful layout.. love the planters with the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love, thanks for sharing the deets, i will add this tut' to my bucket list

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a stunning layout. I cannot tell you the number of times I've kept coming back to look at it and each time I see something different to fall in love with. I adore your style, layers of lovingly arranged details - truly inspirational work. I'm a new follower now :).
    Ps. I'd love to know where you found this photo, do you still have a link for it?
    __________________
    Best wishes from Asia @ Under a Creative Spell

    ReplyDelete