Thursday, May 9, 2013

Spring Manic Fever ****CSI #70*****

Debbie did it again!!!! Loved,loved this case,so much fun!!!!

Here is the LO I did for this case......
For the Evidence I used the color palette, flowers, metal,wood, fence, something woven, circles, mini brads, label, paint, distressing, vertical strips, & cogs

For the Testimony I documented Spring, Tucked journaling into a basket,Journaling Strips & used the words: Spring,fresh & lovely

Every Spring is crazy for me,but this one tops it. I am a gardener so in the Spring, I have a lot of clean up to do before I can plant all of my annuals.This year was our longest coldest winter yet, so once the snow went I  made sure that I started my clean up. The first thing that had to be done of course is pick up all the 5 months of 5 dogs mess. I then blew out all the gardens to remove the leaves & debris that had accumulated through out the fall & winter (I always do a fall clean up,but there is still lots of  clean up in the spring). My next step was to rake the grass to remove all the thatch.I got all this done before we got another 8 inches of snow on May 1st, I was so happy I had that much cleaned up because we lost another week. Yesterday my oldest son was home so we rented a grass dethatcher & went over the grass again with that,raked up the thatch & seeded where it needed to be seeded. The gardens & lawn is now ready & I will have 2 sons home this Mothers Day Weekend to help me clean up the pots,add more soil,& take out the outdoor furniture,so that I will be ready to plant on the May long weekend or just after that.So that is my next fear planting time, I plant like I scrapbook,I can not leave any empty space, so it requires a lot of time. I used to shut down my Scrapbooking for the summer, but now I am on a couple design teams so I have to keep up with my commitments.My Mother & Father are both dealing with major health issues,so after Christmas I moved them into my home & have become their caregiver. So my time is tight & I sure hope my sons will come & visit to help me plant. Once I am done my Spring heavy work,I will be good to go, I hope!!!

I used the Beautiful CreaDiem Collection from Maja Design on this LO. The Scrap Fx Chipboard used on this LO is clockface,gears/steampunk,scribble heart,scribble circles,chicken wire,wire fence & Alpha. The blooms are from I am Roses.
Here are some closeups of detail....
In this photo you can see my paper weaving,used in the baskets & under the photo......
Thank you so much for taking the time to look......Rachelle

4 comments:

  1. This has to be the winner, its stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love those bleeding hearts. Love all your word strips and black/fuchsia elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your layouts are amazing, there is always so much detail.. love the colors in this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just an amazing layout Rachelle. I seriously don't know how you have time to do all the things that you need to do ... this looks like there is so much time and effort put in with all the weaving and layers and not to mentions that gorgeous photo. Your layouts continue to blow me away. One day I will be able to make something as pretty as yours. Thanks for continually pushing me to be better.

    ReplyDelete