Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Treasure your Memories ****Scrap Fx****

Hello, I am here to share with you a couple design team projects I did for Scrap Fx,using some of this months Amazing new releases. The first one is a altered box that I made for a gift for a little girl....
The Scrap Fx stencils used on this piece are: Scribble Script (2013171), Peacock Feather (2013163) & Garden in Paradise (2013028). The chipboard used is: Memories (2013211) & Flourish Frames (2011166). I used the Vintage Summer Basics Collection from Maja Design,from this Collection I used 1904 BS,1909-BS,1899,1932,1932-BS, 1922 & some of the Backsides of the labels. Here are some close ups of detail......
I first did my distressed stitched layers.......

I used on all the stencils & chipboard Shimmerz Paints TextureZ (Tidy Widy) & once that dried I applied a bit of DazzelerZ (Tutti Frutti).  I then rubbed in some brown chalk to shadow the peacock feather,garden in paradise& script alpha stencil.....
Using the script stencil,I put Anna's name on the box,then I glued down some seed beads.....

I was tried not to get any TextureZ into the little holes of the peacock feather,where the holes are is my outline for gluing down my seed beads.........


A drawer with the script alpha stencil....

I used metal flowers & brads for my drawer knobs,here is my next project I did using some of this months new releases..........

The Scrap Fx stencils used on this LO are Peacock Feather (2013163),&Scribble Script (2013171), the chipboard used is Flourish Frame (2011166), Flourish S Ornate (2011005), Imagine Theme Pack (2007230),Dream Theme Pack (2007221) & Moments (2013054). I used the Limited Edition (Sofiero) from Maja Design on this LO,from this collection I used, Strolling down the Rose Path, The magnificent flower street, Princess Margareta's Garden- Bs,& some of the BS's of the labels. Here are some close ups of detail.....
My cousin's daughter Sammy did this work of Art for a school art project,on homosexual relations & labels,where her partner is painting over the stereotypes & harsh words. It is a 40 x 30,India ink, I think it is amazing,BEAUTIFUL, & Sammy is a amazing artist!!!!


I was inspired by Sammy's work of Art ,that is what gave me the idea of stamping on all the words,using the script alpha stencil & using all the chipboard Alpha...........

On the stencils & all the chipboard I used Shimmerz Paints TextureZ (tidy widy), & once that dried I applied a bit of DazzelerZ (Tutti Frutti)............

On the feather I rubbed in some dark brown chalk,to shadow it,then added some bling.....

I inked the edges of all the wordlets with a dark brown ink pad.....
This is where I used the flourish S Ornate & the part of the frame that I had cut & used the flourish's on my altered treasure box.......
Thank you so much for taking the time to look....Rachelle


2 comments:

  1. Wow, Rachelle, I'm simply speechless. This is amazing and gorgeous!! Thanks for the inspiration!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chest of drawers is out of this world wonderful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete