Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Dream ***Dusty Attic Sketch ***Maja Design***

Hello,here is a LO I did for Dusty Attic, using their Amazing sketch for this month ,
designed by Becky Fleck from Pagemaps....
I took these photo's of Kaylie in my garden,she is such a sweetheart!!!Here is this months sketch....
The Dusty Attic Chipboard used on this LO is: 
Dreamcatcher #1 DA0745
Mini Feathers DA0438

Mini Words #1 DA0386, & Ferns DA0507

I also used the Vintage Autumn Basics Collection from Maja Design.
From the Vintage Autumn Basics I used: NO. XIX, NO.XIX-BS,No.XXII,NO.XXI,NO.XXI-BS,NO.XXIII,No.XXIII-BS, the Heritage page & some of the BS's of the labels.

Here are some closeups of detail....
This summer I made headbands & embellished crochet hats, for the little girls that came over to visit. I was ready for them, to play dress up & take some photo's. The lace piece with the flower is one of the headbands,that I decided to use on my LO.....
I love the dream catcher & I know that Kaylies Mother & Grandmother will to....
I got my inspiration from Gabi's dream catcher,but I cannot doodle, so I worked with the dream catcher in a way I was more comfortable with. I first applied candy apple TA on to the dream catcher,using a brush,once that dried I did a bit of doodling. I then painted on a light coat of picket fence crackle, onto the feathers.While the paint was still wet,I used a paper pierce & drew lines into the paint. I find that when I use a pen, my lines get to wide or my pen bleeds. I then inked all the edges of the dream catcher, with a brown ink pad.My next step was to work on the circle part of the dream catcher. It took time, but I am happy in how, it turned out.I used a thin hemp string for this. I used mini glue dots on the back, then using small pieces of the cord, I wrapped the cord around, putting a drop of liquid accents in the front. You have to be careful,as the dream catcher is delicate. I just about broke off , one of the dangling pieces, when I was about 3/4's of the way done wrapping. So I stopped, & applied liquid accents to the BS of the DC, & once that dried I applied rock candy crackle to the front, to built strength.Once the crackle dried I continued to wrap,then embellish the dream catcher with pearls & beads.I cut off the s off dreams,then applied denim blue TA, on the mini word,then inked the edges.....
Love,Love the Dream Catcher!!!!
Shows my circles, that are in the sketch & my distressed, stitched layers....

I used picket fence crackle on both the ferns & the feathers (I did the same treatment on these feathers as I did on the feathers on the dream catcher)..................
Thank you so much for taking the time to look....Rachelle


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Rachelle - all your incredible little details are superb. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael your style is so very pretty and I love the amount of detail you fit on a page, this one is gorgeous. Oh and I love the little hat and headband, would really like to know the pattern or a tutorial on the headband ( bold of me to ask and I know it has nothing to do with scrapbooking but they look sooooooooo good).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exquisitely created, so many details and beautiful things to see on here.. really love this!

    ReplyDelete