Wednesday, November 13, 2013

You ***Maja Design****

Hello,Today is my day on the  blog.majadesign.nu , I just love working with all of their Collections!!!The photos are of Jacobi,taken by her mother Kelly in my garden....
I used the Vintage Spring Basics Collection for this LO.....
From this Collection I used: 1st of May, 2nd of May-BS, 8th of March-bs,3rd of May-bs,7th of May,9th of March-BS & a BS of a label

The Dusty Attic used on this LO:.
mini script alpha (DA0859)
vine boarder (DA0459)
skeleton clock faces (DA0430)
mini birdhouses (DA0706)

here are some closeups of detail.....
I used walnut stain, then a darker brown ink pad on the skeleton clock.On the alpha & the leaves of  the vine boarder I used picket fence crackle & when that dried I rubbed & inked the edges with pinecone versa mark.I left the stem of the vine raw,but put on drops of liquid accents, to glue on some seed beads....

I used some mini birdhouses in my clusters. On them I used picket fence crackle,then rubbed in pinecone versa mark & inked the edges....The zippers are from Prima & the flowers used are from I am Roses, & Petaloo (forget me nots soft pink)....

I love how Kelly blurs out her subject....

I did a lot of fraying of burlap,& I believe this was Prima burlap Ivory, that I was using. I hope it was because,I through out the package,before I discovered how much I loved it. I am going to order the Ivory burlap again,& hope it is the right one....

Shows some of my distressed, stitched layers.I used some seed beads in the flowers on the paper....

In these next three photos, you will see my main piece ,of frayed burlap.I cut out my paper,then glued it on to this piece of lace. I then glued the lace & paper onto the burlap (I used 2 pieces of burlap,the darker under the lighter,the way the threads go length wise).Once the glue dried I did my hand stitching. I then cut the burlap into the shape of the paper & lace leaving the length. With my paper pierce I frayed the burlap. You will see how much I love it,because of the 2 different textures & colors of thread.
My next step was to put some seed beads onto the burlap. I started with a needle,(no),put lots of lip balm on  my lips(no),then I put one little drop of liquid accents on the end of the burlap,rolled it in my fingers, slid the bead on then put one more drop where I wanted it stay. I love liquid accents,it is the fastest drying,& my embellishments stay!!!
Thank you so much for taking the time to look....Rachelle












4 comments:

  1. Wow Rachelle - this is amazing! Love what you've done with that burlap and the zips and those little birdhouses are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout so much, Rachelle!!

    ReplyDelete