Saturday, October 11, 2014

In our Sofa, Welcome to my Scraproom

Hello & Welcome to my Scraproom....
I started scrapbooking in 2002,helping out my middle son,Erlendur with his grade 12, language arts "Memory Book" project. At this time I had never heard of scrapbooking, but this was how all the girls in his class, were doing their projects! So Erlendur asked his friends where to get supplies & got the info on scrapbooking. I worked with the photo's (matte & paste,added stickers,ect.beginner self taught scrapbooking), Erlendur did the writing. I worked out of plastic bins,that I stored in the spare bedroom,& dragged into the kitchen. Little did we know,that Rachelle had found her passion!!! I got addicted to scrapbooking,& of course to the supplies.My front room,living room,dining room was never used,so I decided to change it into my scrap space. 
I had a friend custom make, my work station. I stand to scrap,so I had him build me a island,with lots of drawers. It is in the center of the lowers area,with easy access,to all of my supplies,in drawers, or in the boxes, on the selves..... 
Shows the other side of work station,with more drawers. Behind are paper racks,in the last couple years I have been 99% working with Maja Design papers,but I have not purged any of my old paper. I use the old paper as a backing on my LO's, for extra support...


A photo taken from the opposite side of the room. This room is just off the front entrance of our home,& right next to the kitchen. There are 3 large windows facing south. The lighting over the work station is a pool table light....

This is the raised area of the scraproom,that holds my computer, photo printer & more shelves & boxes for storage...
More views of the upper level...

Upper over looking the lower level...
I decided to decorate my room, with my late sisters Art. JoAnne was a year younger then me,born on the same day. She passed away about a year before, I got into scrapbooking....

I painted all the boxes blue,then scrapbooked them with JoAnne's Art. I also labeled the boxes....

Shows 12x12 framed LO's using JoAnnes Art...
Yes, I do have a sewing machine, I have had it for years but still have not figured out how to thread it,so instead I spend hour's hand stitching...
OK,I need to admit something! I have my scrap space, but I still can be found, at my kitchen island, scrapbooking!!!!The center & social area of our home!!!! Cheers & Happy Scrapbooking....Rachelle

3 comments:

  1. Oh my Rachelle!! you scrapbook room is AWESOME!! It looks like a store, love it!! and the hand made area work with all these drawers are incredible, my fave. Beautiful space hon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is a dream room! You are so lucky. Definite nice area to get away from it all and dive into your own little scrap world. How nice! Thanks for sharing! Lisa : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Organized mind? Wow - I wish I were remotely close to as organized as you. Looks like a great place to create!

    ReplyDelete