Thursday, November 19, 2015

Fall Beauty ***Dusty Attic /Maja Design****

Hello,today I am here to share with you a LO I did, using some of Dusty Attic's new releases, with Maja Design's new release "Enjoying Outdoors" The photo I used is of a bike in my garden. My garden colors are in the rusty oranges,& purples....
The Dusty Attic used:
Leafy Frame set #2
Leafy Frame set#2
Brick Window
Brick window
mini Chicken Wire
mini chicken wire
Swirly Vine #5
swirly vine #5
mini Branches #2
mini branches #2
Bicycle
Bicycle
Flutterbies #3
Flutterbies #3
mini Script ABC set
mini script ABC &
Beauty
The Maja Design used:
Enjoying-Outdoors-P
Enjoying the outdoors
Singing in the rain
Sing in the rain
Colourful
Colourful
Time for reflection
Time for reflection

My first step was to glue Maja "colorful" on to card stock, I distressed the edges...
My next layer,"Sing in the rain" I trimmed the edges, so that you will see the under sheet, I also distressed the edges...
I did some hand stitching,then glued on the leafy frame set # 2 that I had painted with clear gesso,then clear crackle...
The window, comes like this, you layer the bricks over the 1st piece. So I decided to glue the bricks onto the 1st piece like this instead of gluing each brick down individually
I put drops of glue onto the window & bricks,be careful not to go over,because you will be lifting the top piece off once the glue drys.
placed the 1st piece over the bricks,then put a weight on it until the glue dried...
Once the glue dried, I pulled the 2 sheets apart, then gave it a coat of clear gesso....
My next step was to apply the white sand texture paste in between the brick & window "mortar" ,I used a small brush,then rubbed it in with my fingers, remove any excess that got on the bricks as I went along...
I then applied a thick coat of clear crackle onto the bricks...
shows the texture paste in between the bricks...
shows the clear crackle..
Crackle is now dry, I love working with crackle....
My next step was to glue on the piece of mini chicken wire,the the ripped piece of paper. I shaded the paper,using pebbles chalk & a brush....
I used copper liquid pearls on this part of the bicycle.....
I glued some beads into the chicken wire...
Glued the photo under the brick window, that I had painted with Shimmerz "Penny for your thoughts"
Glued the brick window on to the LO...
Glued the swirly vine # 5, I had painted on a thick coat of clear crackle on to the vine...
Glued on the smaller vine & the bike. I painted the tires of the bike with clear crackle, & once the crackle dried I painted on hunter grey,LuminArt H2O, to bring out the cracks & to add some shimmer. I used copper H2O on the bike basket...
Added the title,that has a coat of clear crackle,also added the mini branches onto the bike basket...

Starting to embellish,with flowers...
Added the rest of the title & flutterbys....
Started to add color by using either LuminArt or Simmerz H2O's,for the foliage,I played with different shades of greens,coppers & purples.  I also deepened the whole sheet of paper with the chalk....
Added bling to the flutterbys, LO is now complete,here are some closeups of detail...








Thank you so much for taking the time to look....Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment